Professor of Climatology
Department of Physical Geography, College of Geographical Sciences
Kharazmi University, TEHRAN, IRAN
Birth Place: Chehregan,Tassoj, Shabestar, Tabriz, Iran .
Birth Date: August 24, 1946.
Home; First Floor, No.12, Rahimi Street, Mahan Boulevard, Jahanshahr, Karaj, IRAN
Work; Department of physical Geography, College of Geographical Sciences,
Kharazmi University, Mofatteh Avenue, Tehran, IRAN.
Degree Field Graduation Date Graduation Place
High school Natural Science June 1966 Tasouj , Iran
B. S. Physical Geography
Teachers’ Training Univ.,Tehran
Michigan State Univ. USA
Ph.D. Synoptic Climatology September 1981 Michigan State Univ. USA
1. I began my academic carrier in Sept. 1983 as an assistant professor.
2. Became Associate professor in November 1991.
3. Vice Chancellor of Yazd Teachers’ Training University., Sept. 1983 to Dec. 1985.
4. Chairman of the Geography Department, Sept. 1983 to present( except three years).
5. Dean of the Faculty of Letters and Humanities, May 1992 to Nov. 1997.
6. As full Professor in May 1998.
MEMBER OF THE ACADEMIC ORGANIZATIONS
1. Central Committee of Iranian Geographical Association from spring 1993 to fall
2005 and since then as the member of that organization.
2. Academic planning of Geography, Ministry of Higher Education.
3. Geography Committee of SAMT., Ministry of Higher Education, Tehran.
4. Research Committee of National Center of Climatology, Mashhad.
5. Scientific decision making committee of the Teacher Training University, 1994-2004.
1. Chief Editor of “Journal of Roshd; Teaching Geography” of Ministry of Education from fall 1995 to fall 2005.
2. Editorial Board of the following Journals:
Geographical Research Quarterly
Researches in Geography
Researches in Humanities of Yazd University “Kavoshnameh”
Geography and development of the University of Sistan and Baluchestan.
Roshd ; Teaching Geography, Ministry of Education.
Journal of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, The University of Tabriz.
Moddarres of the Moddarres University.
Geographical Studies of Sabzevar Teachers Training University.
Physics of Earth and Space
A. Thesis and Dissertation
1. Cyclone Tracks in Relation to the Upper Flow Pattern in the Middle East, Dec.-Mar. 1964-67, 1979. M.A. Thesis, M.S.U., E-Lansing, Mi., USA.
2. Synoptic Origin of Precipitation in Iran, 1981. Ph.D. Dissertation,
M.S.U., E-Lansing, Mi., USA.
1. Principles of Climatology ( co-authored with prof. M. R. Kaviani), SAMT Organization, Tehran, Iran, 1st Published in 1992. 19th publication, 2016. This book has been selected as the “ Book of Year 1995” and won the presidential prize.
2. Basics of Aerial Photography , Piame Noor Univ. , Tehran , 1991.
3. Climate of Iran , Piame Noor Univ., Tehran, 1995.
4. Synoptic Climatology, SAMT. Organisation, Tehran, 2002.fourth publication 20011. 5th Edition, 2012. 6th publication 2013.
5. Middle East and Arid Asia 1998. “ co-authored with O. Pilifosova and U.N.
Safriel, in: Watson, R.T., Zinyovera, M.C. and Moss, R.H. (eds), The regional impacts of climate change: Assessment of vulnerability, pp. 231- 252, WMO., Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
6- The encyclopaedia of environmental hazards. 2013. (chief editor). Center of Excellence for Spatial Analysis of Environmental Hazards, Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran.
B2. TRANSLATIONS to FARSI
1. Lounsbury, J.F. and F.T. Aldrich, 1986, Introduction to Geographic Field Methods and Techniques, 2nd Edition, Bell and Howell Company, London. Translated in 1992. This Book has been selected as the “accredited Book of Year 1995”.
2. Boucher, K., 1976, Global Climate, Wiely, New York. Translated in 1994.
3. Zhenda, Z. and L. Shu, 1983, Controlling Desertification in Arid and Semi-arid Areas in China, Desert Research Institute, Sinica Academy , Lanzhou , China. Translated in 1989.
1- Synoptic climatology of precipitation in Iran ( co- authored with Prof. JR. Harman), 1985, Annals of Association of American Geographers, 75, 404- 416.
2- Some statistical characteristics of temperature variations in Iran, 1997 (1377). Researches in Geography, University of Tehran, 34, 3-16.
3- Variations of 500 hPa flow patterns and their relationship with the climate of Iran. 2002. Theoretical and applied climatology ,72: 41-52.
4- The relation between pressure distribution and air pollution concentration in Tehran. ( 1384; 2005). Researches in Geography,51: 38-49.
5- Developing a climate model for Iran using GIS. 2008. (co- authored with Manijeh Ghohroudi and Nahid Arabi. Theoretical and applied climatology,92:103-112. DOI 10.1007/s00704-006-0292-y.
6- Spatial analysis of precipitation intensity and concentration in Iran. 2008. Theoretical and applied climatology, 94:107-124. 1-18. DOI 10.1007/s00704-007-0344-y
7- Effect of the Zagros Mountains on the spatial distribution of precipitation. 2008. Journal of Mountain Science,5:218-231. doi.10.1007/s11629-008-0126-8.
8- Evaluation of the Heliosat-II method using daily irradiation data for four stations in Iran.2009. In co-operation with Isaac Moradi, Richard Mueller, and Gholam Ali Kamali. Solar Energy, 83:150-156. doi:10.1016/j.solener.2008.07.010
9- Estimating Snow Budget of Karaj Dam Reservoir. 2009. (Co- authored with Manijeh Ghahroudi Tali and Reza Sarvati). American Journal of Applied Sciences, 6(5):995-2003.
ISSN 1546 9239
10. Analysis and Review of Heavy Snow Synoptic Conditions in North West of Iran by Using PCA and Clustering. 2010. Co-authored with Karim Amininia, Hasan Lashkari, and Ali M. Khorshiddoust. J. Int. Environmental Application & Science, 5 (1): 17-24.
11- The Effect of the Land Use/Cover Changes on the Floods of the Madarsu Basin of Northeastern Iran. 2010. Co authored with Ali Panahi and Hosein Mohammadi.
Journal of Water Resource and Protection, 2: 373-379. doi:10.4236/jwarp.2010.24043.
12- Analysis of climate hazards in relation to urban designing in Iran.2011. Advances in
Science & Research, 6:173-178. doi:10.5194/asr-6-173-2011. Co-authored with Saideh Alijani (First Author).
13- Application of multivariate approach in agrometeorological suitability zonation at northeast semiarid plains of Iran.2013. Mohammad Reza Mansouri Daneshvar, Ali Bagherzadeh, and Bohloul Alijani. Theor Appl Climatol (2013) 114:139–152
DOI 10.1007/s00704-012-0827-3Published on line on January 08, 2013. in Theoretical and Applied Climatology.
14- Dynamic analysis of the sea breeze role in the intensification of convective currents in the south coasts of the Caspian Sea (Case Study: 25 Aug 2005). Caspian Journal of Applied Sciences Research, X(X), pp. X-X, 20XX. Co-authored with Alireza Movaqqari.
15- Synoptic Analysis of Storms and Severe Storms of Zahedan City with an Emphasis on Predicting the Probability of Their Incidence. 2013. Research Journal of Environmental and Earth Sciences, Maxwell Scientific Organization. ISSN: 2041-0484; e-ISSN: 2041-0492 Co- authored with Muhammad Reza poodineh, Taghi Tavousi, and Hossein Negaresh.
16- Spatial and Temporal Analysis of Climatic Extremes in the Mountainous Regions of Iran. 2013. The International Journal of Climate Change: Impacts and Responses.4: 18-36. Co- authored with Mohammad M. Sohrabi, and Jaeh H. Ryu.
17- Characteristics of Large scale Synoptic Types Associated with Precipitation over Southern Iran. 2015. Journal of Environmental and Agricultural Sciences , 4:52-65. Co-authored with Fatemeh Parak1, Bohlol Alijani1, Javad Bodagh Jamali, Ahmad Roshani. I am advisor.
18- Comparison of selected thermal indices in the northwest of Iran. 2015. Natural Environment Change, 1 (1): 1-20. Co- authored with Hassan Farajzadeh,Mohammad Saligheh and Andreas Matzarakis.
1. Educational planning of geography in schools of Iran (part I ), 1986. Roshd; Teaching Geography, 5: 8-13.
2. Educational planning of geography in schools of Iran (part II ), 1986. Roshd; Teaching Geography, 7: 4-9.
3. The main factors of desertification in Iran, 1986. Zaiton, 59: 44-46.
4. General circulation of the atmosphere, 1987. Roshd ; Teaching Geography, 10:23-30.
5. Relation between cyclone tracks and upper level flow patterns in the Middle East, 1987. Geographical Research Quarterly, 4: 125-143 .
6. Climate and planning the military activities, 1988. Geographical Research Quarterly, 10: 96-118.
7. Developement of Siberian Anticyclone and its influence on the climate of northeast Iran, 1990. Geographical Researches Quarterly,17: 41-51.
8. Uplifting mechanisms of precipitation in Iran. 1993. Journal of the Faculty of Letters and Humanities, Teachers’ Training University, 1: 85- 101.
9. Application of Cluster Analysis in determining the thermal regions of Azarbaijan province. 1993. Journal of The Faculty of Letters and Humanities, Teachers’
Training University, 2 & 3: 87-104.
10. A new approach to the application of climatology in the management of resources, 1994. Geographical Researches Quarterly, 35: 45-61.
11. The role of Alborz Mountains in spatial distribution of precipitation, 1994. Journal of the Faculty of Letters and Humanities, Teachers’ Training University, 4 & 5: 99-120.
12. The role of Alborz Mountains in altitudinal distribution of precipitation, 1995. Geographical Researches Quarterly, 38: 37-52.
13. Iranian geographers and the problems of geography teaching in Iran, 1995. Journal of the Faculty of Letters and Humanities ; Teachers Training University, 6,7 & 8: 193-206.
14.Determining the climatic comfort index in Tehran ( co-authored with M. Ahmadi), 1996 Journal of the Faculty of Letters and Humanities, Teachers,
Training University, 9,10 &11: 127-143.
15. Synoptic analysis of April 1987 storm in Iran, (co-authored with G.R. Barati), 1996. Geographical researches Quarterly,40: 121-135.
16.The science of climatology, 1997. Geographical Researches Quarterly, 45: 40-55.
17.What is Geography? Who is Geographer? 1998. Roshd; Teaching Geography, 48: 4-12.
This article has won the granted award of the year 2000 “Research week” of the ministry of Education.
18. El Nino, 1998. Roshd; Teaching Geography, 48: 57-59.
19. Wind rose. 1998. Roshd; Teaching Geography, 49: 63.
20. Natural seasons in Iran, 1998. Researches in Geography, 35: 21-33.
21. Shisheh Days precipitation in Khorasan1998. Nivar, 39:21-34. ( co-authored with M. Salahshor).
22. Regionalization of the climate of Iran with multivariable statistical techniques, “co-authored with H. Haidary ), 1999. Researches in Geography, 37: 57-74.
23. Estimating the amount of supply and melt of snow in the mountainous area of Iran, ( co-authored with E. Fattahi and G. Kamali ), 1999. Nivar, 41: 23-44.
24. Principles and laws in geography, 1999. Roshd; Teaching Geography, 50: 21-31.
25. A new approach to the science of geography, 2002. Roshd; Teaching Geography, 61: 4-7.
26. Identifying rain producing weather types of Tehran according to the vorticity computations. 2002. Geographical Researches Quarterly, 63& 64 :114-132
27. Displacement of the 500 hPa flow patterns in the Middle East during 1961-90 period, 2002. Nivar, 44&45:7-29.
28. Forecasting the droughts in Mazandaran using Box-Jenkins model, 2002. Journal of Researches in Geography, pp. 155-169.
29. Weather types and their effect on the climate of Iran. 2002. Kavoshnameh of Yazd University,3:21-49.
30. Synoptic and statistical analysis of precipitation of Azerbaijan, 2002,( co-authored with M.Zahedi). Geographical Researches Quarterly, 65&66: 202-217.
31. Temporal analysis of the short rains of Tehran Province,2003. (co-authored with T. Razi), Nivar; 46&47: 71-80.
32. The effects of synoptic patterns on the floods of the southern Caspian Coast. Case study: Shafarood and Talar rivers.2004. Territory, 1: 1-16.( co-authored with Ghasem Azizi and Parviz Rezai).
33. Synoptic patterns of the flood rains of Gorgan River. 2004. Territory, 2: 1-20.( co-authored with Tavagh Gol Parnian).
34. The structure of the scientific paper. Roshd; Teaching Geography,72:3-7.
35. The air masses affecting the climate of Iran in cold season. 2004. Geographical Researches Quarterly,75:34-53. ( co-authored with Dr. Mandana Emamhadi).
36. Studying droughts and forecasting Precipitation and temperature in Birjand area.2005, 1384. Co-authored with Dr. Ali Reza Baniwaheb. Journal of Researches in Geography, 52: 33-46.
37.Analysis and forecasting of precipitation in the Larestan area by Markov chain.2005,
1384. Co-authored with Dr. Z. Jafarpour and Dr. H. Ghaderi. Quarterly Journal of
Sarzamin, 7: 1-10.
38. Analysis of the Droughts in the Southern coastal areas of the Caspian Sea.2005, 1384.
Co-authored with Dr. Z. Jafarpour and Dr. G. J. Ghobadi. Quarterly Journal of
Sarzamin, 7: 11-23.
39. Comparison and prediction of the temperature variations of Tabriz with the global temperature anomalies through the use of regression and neural network methods. 2005. co-authored with Yousef Ghavidel Rahimi. Journal of the Geography and Development,6: 21-38.
40. The role of geographical factors in the air pollution of Tehran. Co-authored by
Dr. Seid Yahia Safavi. Is accepted for publication by the Journal of Researches in Geography.
41. Calibration of Meteosat-5 images to draw different climatic maps. Co-authored with Gholamali Kamali and Isaac Moradi. Quarterly Journal of Geographical Research, 83: 37-52.(I am first author)
42. The role of climate on the Spatial distribution of military equipments. Co-authored with Mahmood Ahmadi. Quarterly Journal of Sarzamin, 13: 27-40.
43. Regionalizing the land slide hazard on the northern slopes of Shah Jahan Range with GIS. Case study: Starkhi Basin of Shirvan 1. Co-authored with M. Ghohroudi and A. Amirahmadi. 2007. Quarterly Journal Geographical Research, 84: 117-132.(I am first author)
44. The role of precipitation patterns on the precipitation of the south coast of Caspian sea. 2008. co-authored with Dr. Hosain Mohammadi and Dr. Atoosa Bigdeli. Quarterly Journal of Sarzamin, 16: 37-52.(I am first author)
45. Synoptic analysis of frost days of Ardebil province. 2008. Co-authored with Ghassem Hozhabrpour. Journal of Geography and Development,10: 89-106.
46- The identification of suitable areas for barberry cultivation in south Khorasan
province using GIS. 2007. co- authored with Reza Doostan. Journal of Geography
and Regional Development, 8:13-33.
47- Synoptic analysis of the circulation patterns of monsoon rains of July 1994 in Iran.
2008. Co-authored with Bidokhti, Jafarpour and Mofidi. Geographical sciences,10.
48- Synoptic origin of cold temperatures over the Northwest Iran. 2008. Co-authored
with Mahmood Hooshyar. Physical Geography Researches,65:1-16.
49- Synoptic analysis of anticyclones on the continuous droughts in Khorasan Province. Co-authored with Mohammad Saligheh, Majid Habibi, Manijeh Ghohroudi, and Solyman Sadeghi. Journal of Geography and regional development, 10: 105-118.
50- Studying the variation of precipitation in southern coast of the Caspian sea during 1960-2005. 1387. co-authored with Hosain Mohammadi and Mohammad zarea. Quarterly Journal of Geography, Islamic Azad University, central Tehran branch, 6 and 7: 4-21.
51- Analysis of heavy snow fluctuations in North western Iran. 1389 (2010). Co- authored with Karim Amininia, Hasan Lashkari, and Alimohammad Khorshid dost. Journal of Geographic Space, 29:145-163.
52- Analysis of synoptic patterns of inversion events in Mashhad using Factor Analysis. 1388 (2009). Co-authored with Zahra Najafi Nik. Journal of Geography and Regional Development, 12: 1-11.
53- Synoptic analysis of heavy rain falls in Larestan region,Iran. 1389 (2010). Journal of Physical Geography, 8: 17-36. With cooperation of Dr. Haydar Gaderi.
54- The analysis of short time droughts of Iran. 2009. Journal of Geography and Regional Planning, 1: 109-121. Co-authored with Dr. Omosalameh Babaii.
55- Statistical analysis of frost temperatures in Lorestan and Chaharmahal Provinces with risk management approach. 2009. Journal of engineering and transportation79:2-29. Co-authored with Hamideh Dalaii.
56- The analysis of the persistence of frost days in Iran with Markov Chani mode. 2010. Journal of Geographical Researches, 73: 1-20. Co-authored with Payman Mahmoodi, Allah Bakhsh Rigi, and Parviz Khosravi.
57- Spatial analysis of daily critical temperatures and rains in Iran. Journal of applied research of geographical sciences, 17: 7-31.
58- Analysing the climatic thresholds for the growth of the pastures by remote sensing data. Case study: The Zagros.2010. Quarterly Journal of Modarres Human Sciences: spatial planning, 14: 117-202. Co-authored with Manoochehr Farajzadeh, Amanollah Fathnia, and Parviz Ziaian.
59- Investigation of climate changes of Yazd city in relation to urban and regional development. 2011. Journal of Research and urban planning, Islamic Azad University of Marvdasht, 3: 41-58. Co-authored with Saideh Moaiedifar and Mahdieh Sabaii mehr.
60- Assessment of the Effect of Climatic Factors on the Growth of Dense Pastures of Iran, Using AVHRR Images. 2011. Journal of Physical Geographical Researches, 75: 1-14. Co-authored with Manoochehr Farajzadeh, Amanollah Fathnia, and Parviz Ziaian.
61- Investigation of Temporal and Spatial Displacement of Minimum Temperatures
Cores in West and Northern West of Iran. 2011. Geography and Environmental
Planning Journal, 41:13-16. Co-authored with Payman Mahmoodi and Ali
62- Assessment of the effect of climatic factors on the vegetation cover of Zagros region with the use of satellite digital data. Quarterly Journal of Researches of Rangelands and Deserts of Iran, 18:107-123. Co-authored with Manoochehr Farajzadeh, Amanollah Fathnia, and Parviz Ziaian.
63- Identifying the synoptic patterns of heavy rains in Northeast of Iran. 2001. Co- authored with Mohsen Hamidianpour and Alireza Sadeginia. Arid regions geographic studies,Vol. 1, No. 1. PP. 1-16.
64- Study of two-state persistence structure of south Iran annual rainfall using a hidden-state Markov model.2011. Co- authored with Peyman Mahmoudi, Abdol Jabbar Chogan, Morteza Bishe Niasar.Journal of Geography and development, 25: 1-25.
65- Synoptic analysis of dust storms of Lorestan Province, Iran. 2012. Journal of applied research of geographical sciences, 18: 91-111. Co-authored with Asadollah Khoshkish and Zahra Hejazizadeh.
66- Atmospheric circulation patterns of the summer time rainfalls of southeastern Iran during July 1994. Journal of the Earth and Space Physics, vol. 37, No. 3: 205-228. Co-authored with Bidokhti, Jafarpour and Mofidi.
67- Synoptic analysis of heavy rainfall of January, 2008 in the southwest Iran. 1389. (2011). Co-authored with Dr. Khosravi and Mortaza Esmailnejad. Journal of Climate researches,1,3&4:1-13.
68- Assessing the possibility of using vegetation NDVI Index in analyzing droughts of Esfahan province.2011. Arid regions geographic studies,Vol. 4, No. 1. PP. 1-16. Co-authors are: Parviz Ziaian and Mohammad Baaghideh.
69- Assessment of CN method in runoff estimation using GIS in Madarsu Basin in Golestan province. 2011. Co-authored with Ali Panahi and Hosain Mohammadi. Journal of Environmental Geology, 5 (14): 87-98.
70- Spatial Analysis of wet season rainfall of Ardabil Province using Markove Chain. 2012. Journal of applied research of geographical sciences, 20: 25-44.co-authored with Mohammad Saligheh and Ghadir Delara.
71- A tempo-spatial survey of the degree days (heating and cooling) in Iran. 2012. Geographical Research Journal of Razi university,1: 23-36. Co-authored with Abolfazl Masoodian and Reza Ebrahimi.
72- Philosophy of Geography and teaching of Geography in Iran. 2012. Rosh: Teaching of Geography, 100: 9-13.
73- Statistical and synoptical analysis of dust storms in the southeast of Iran. 2012. Arid regions geographic studies, 5: 107-132.
74- Synoptical patterns of widespread frosts of Iran. 2012. Journal of Geography and Environmental Hazards, 1: 17-34. Co-authored with Payman Mahmoodi, Mahmood Khosravi, and Abolfazl Masoodian.
75- Studying the minimum and maximum temperatures of Iran.2012. Quarterly Journal of Geographical Researches, 102: 101-122. Co-authored with Payman Mahmoodi, Mohammad Saligheh, and Allahbakhsh Rigi Chahi.
76- Studying the trends in extreme daily temperatures using climate change indices in Iran. 2013. Journal of Geography and environmental hazards, 2: 17-28. Co-authored with Ahmad Roushani, Fatemeh Parak, and Rohollah Haidari.
77- Study of annual and seasonal precipitation trends in Iran using a nonparametric method (Sen's Slope estimator). 2013. Journal of Climate Research, 9: 23-42.
Co-authored with Payman Mahmodi and Abdol jabbar Chowgan.
78- Analysis of spatio - temporal structure of the urban heat island in Tehran through remote sensing and geographic information system. 2013. Geography and Environmental Hazards, 4:1-17. Co – authored with Alireza Sadeginia and Parviz Ziaiian.
79- Classification of heat waves in Gilan Province. 2014. Journal of Physical Geography, 19: 1-16. Co- authored with Omran Alizadeh.
80- Systematic analysis of tropospheric ozone cycle in the cybernetic system of climate (case study: Tehran city). 2013. Geography, 37:189-215. Co-authored with Karim Sadeghi, Hosain Negaresh, and Taghi Tavosi.
81- Forecasting the peak discharge using neural network and multiple regression models: case study: Madarsoo watershed, Golestan Province, Iran). 2013. Geography, 38:113-132. Co-authored with Ali Panahi.
82- The relation between the mid upper atmospheric trough and the most intensive frost days of Iran. 2013. Journal of Environmental Hazards,2: 63-78. Co-authored with Gholamreza Barati and Alimohammad Moradian.
83- Evaluation of Appropriate Climatic Conditions for Swimming Activities
in the Beach of Gilan Province. Physical Geography Research Quarterly, Vol. 45, No. 2: 39-54. Co-authored with Mahnaz Azizebrahim.
84- Identifying the controlling centres of the climate of Iran and their pressure patterns in the 500 hPa. Level during the cold period of the year. 2012. Journal of Geography and regional development, 19: 255-279. Co-authored with Reza Doostan.
85- Synoptic and Spatial analysis of snow storm in Gilan, February 2005. 2012. Journal of Geography and regional development, 19: 281-302. Co-authored with Elham Fahiminejad, Parviz Ziaian, and Zahra Hejazizadeh.
86- Application of spatial autocorrelation techniques in analysing the heat island of Tehran. Journal of applied researches in geographical sciences, 30: 67-90.
87- New Approach for Determining the Length of Potential Growing Season in Iran. 2013. Journal of Water and Soil, 27: 861-71. Co- authored with Pyman Mahmoudi and Doust Mohamad Kalim.
88- Regionalising the annual precipitation of kordestan province with the multivariate statistical methods. 2013. Journal of water researches, 13: 213-18. Co- authored with Payman Mahmoudi.
89- Identifying heat waves of Iran. 2014. Journal of Geography and Development, 33: 39-54. Co-authored with Mahmood Khosravi, Morteza Esmailnejad, and Abolfazl Masoodian.
90- Spatial analysis of lung duration droughts in Iran. 2013. Physical geography research quarterly, 45: 1- 12. Co-authored with Omolsalemeh Babaee.
91- Synoptic analysis of widespread cold spells of Iran: the cold spell of January of 2004 in Chaharmahal Province. 2012. Journal of Geography and Development,29:55-76. Co-authored with S. Karimi, H. Negaresh, and T. Tavosi.
92- Spatial Analysis. 2013. The encyclopaedia of environmental hazards: 126-131. Center of Excellence for Spatial Analysis of Environmental Hazards, Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran.
93- Climate change. 2013. The encyclopaedia of environmental hazards: 135-140. Center of Excellence for Spatial Analysis of Environmental Hazards, Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran.
94- Modeling the Relationship between Annual and Seasonal Precipitation with Geo-Climate Factors in Kurdistan Province. 2013. Journal of applied researches in geographical sciences, 31: 93-112. Co- authored with Dr. Payman Mahmodi.
95- Climatological atlas of statistical characteristics of frosts of Iran. 2014. Quarterly Journal of Geographical Researches, 111: 55-66. Co-authored with payman Mahmodi, Mahmod Khosravi, and S. A. Masoodian.
96- Synoptic analysis of severe frost of December 2006 and January 2007 in Zanjan province. 2011. Quarterly Journal of Geography and urban planning, perspective of Zagros, 10:13-27. Co-authored with Mehdi Tagiloo and Hamideh Afsharmanesh.
97- Determination of the onset, withdrawal, and duration of Sistan wind using a change point approach. 2014. Geography and environmental hazards, 8: 78-112.
Co-authores: Abbas Mofidi, Mohsen Hamidianpor, and Mohammad Saligheh.
98- Synoptic patterns of heavy rainfall in the northern coast of the Persian Gulf. 2014. Physical Geography Research Quarterly, 46: 275-296. Co- authored with Esmail Ahmadi.
99- Evaluating the climatic potentials of Kerman Province for tourism industry. 2014.
Quarterly Journal of Physical Geography, 25: 1-12. Co-authored with Saideh Zaboli.
100- Philosophical foundation of environmental hazards. 2014. Journal of Environmental Hazards, 1:1-15.
101- The effect of the city on the annual variation of temperature in the north east of Iran.2015. Journal of applied researches of geographical sciences, 35: 175-196. Co-authored with Mohammad Lotfi and Parviz Ziaean.
102- Spatio-temporal distribution of relative vorticity in Iran, in relation to rainfall. 2014. Geography,42: 89-102. Co-authored with Gohlamhosain Rezaii.
103- Classifying the heat waves in Gillan Province of Iran. 2013. Journal of Physical Geography, 19: 1-16. Co-authored with Omran Alizadeh and Mohammad Reza Servati.
104- Climatology of blockings affecting Iran’s climate during cold season of 1953-2012 period. Journal of Geographical Space, 48: 237-256. Co-authored with Fatemeh Dargahian and Hosain Mohammadian.
105- Studying the intra-decadal spatial variations of precipitation autocorrelations in Iran during past half century. Journal of Geography and Urban- Regional Land use management, 14: 71-88. Co-authored with Mehdi Doostkamian, Saideh Ashrafi and Fahimeh Shakeri.
106- Identifying the origin of dust storms in the southwest Iran by satellite images and weather maps. 2015. Physical Geography Research Quarterly, 47: 21-36. Co- authored with Somayeh Naserpor and Parviz Zeaiean.
107- Multiplative and exponential climatic vulnerability index of Sistan and Baluchestan province. 2015. Journal of Applied Researches of Geographical Sciences, 36: 73-96. Co-authored with Zahra Hejazizadeh, Mohammad Saligheh, Hasan Danaiifard and Esmail Ahmadi.
108- Regionalizing the precipitation regimes of Kordestan province, Iran. 2014. Journal of Science and Engineering of Watershed Management, 26: 61-64. Co-authored with Dr. Payman Mahmoodi.
109- Studying the probability of rain days persistency in Iran. 2015. Journal of Geography and Environmental Planning, 56(4): 1-16. Co-authored with Dr. Payman Mahmoodi, Abdorraof Shahwazni and Abdolmajid Mohammadi.
110- Regionalizing the climatic defense of the northwest of Iran according the climatic defense index (CDI). 2014. Researches in Military Geography, 2(6): 27-56. Co-authored with Dr. Ali Hanafi, Dr. Javad Khoshhal and Dr. Syrus Fakhri.
111- Synoptic and thermodynamic analysis of hail in Lorestan province, Iran. 2015. Journal of Regional Planning, 18: 117-130. Co- authored with Dr. Dargahian, Golam Hosain Rezaii, and Rahman Parnow.
112- Synoptic analysis of dust storm hazards in Iran ( July 30 to August 2, 2012). 2015. Journal of Hazards Science, 2(1): 5-20. Co-authored with Melodi Farahbakhsh and Ebrahim Fattahi.
113- The statistical and synoptic analysis of snow storms in western Azerbaijan Province. 2015. Journal of spatial analysis of environmental hazards, 4: 71-85.
Co-authored with Mohamad Saligheh, Mohammad Hosain Naserzadeh and Bahram Mollazadeh.
114- The relationship between spatial distribution of heavy precipitation and pressure patterns in Guilan province.2015. Journal of spatial analysis of environmental hazards, 2(1): 63-74. Co- authored with Fatemeh Setoodeh.
115- Studying the temporal variation of wide spread and semi wide spread frost days in Iran. 2016. Journal of Geography and Planning, 54: 303-327. Co- authored with Mahmoodi, Khosravi and Masoodian.
116- Statistical analysis of climatological bases of desertification in Iran. 2015. Journal of Geographical space, 51:1-18. Co-authored with Mahmoodi and Kalim.
117- The relation between teleconnection patterns and widespread frosts of Iran. 2015. Journal of Geography and Development, 40:175-194.
118- Synoptic analysis of the blocking patterns affecting the heavy and continuous rains (5 days and more) of Iran during the cold season of 1953-2012 period. 2014. Journal of Geography and environmental hazards, 10: 155-173.
119- Synoptic Investigation of the Role of the Sudanese Low Pressure System during Wet and Drought Years in the Southern Half of Iran.2015. Geography and Environmental Hazards, 15: 75-90. Co-authored with Fatemeh Parak and Ahmad Roushan.
120- Studying the variation of teleconnection patterns and their impact on the precipitation of Iran. 2013. Journal of climate researches, 15&16:31-45.
Co-authored with M. Farajzadeh, M. Ahmadi, Y. Gavidel, A. Mofidi and I. Babaian.
121- Simulating Extreme Temperature Indicators Based on RCP Scenarios: The Case of Khuzestan Province. 2016. Geography and Environmental Hazards, 16:105-124. Co- authored with Amena Dashtbozorgi, Zeinolabedin Jafarpurc
and Alireza Shakiba. I am advisor.
122- Synoptic analysis of sultry periods in Khozestan Province. 2014. Journal of Climate researches, 5 (17, 18): 57-72. Co-authored with Mahmood Khosravi and Faegheh Almasi.
123- Synoptic and statistical analysis of snow storms in West Azarbaijan province. 2015. Journal of Spatial Analysis of Environmental Hazards, 4: 75-90.
124- The relation between spatial distribution of heavy rains and pressure patterns in Gilan province. 2015. Journal of Spatial Analysis of Environmental Hazards, 2(1): 63-73. Co authored with Fatemeh Sotodeh.
125- Spatial analysis. 2015. Journal of Spatial Analysis of Environmental Hazards, 2(3): 1-14.
126- Climate change in Iran, a synoptic approach. 2016. Journal of Geography and Regional Development, 13(2): 89-113. Co-authored with Reza Doostan.
127- Analysis of monthly and seasonal variation of surface ozone in Firouzkooh station. 2012. Journal of climatological researches, 11: 1-14. Co- authored with Mohammad Jafary.
128- Spatial analysis of spatio-temporal variations of monthly cooling degree days in Iran. 2012. Journal of climatological researches, 12: 1-12. Co- authored with Abolfazl Masoodian and Reza Ebrahimi.
129- Synoptic analysis of intensive and widespread rains in Iran. 2016. Journal of Spatial Analysis of Environmental Hazards, 2(4): 65-76. Co-authored with Hasan Mostafaii and Mohammad Saligheh.
130- Analyzing the dynamic, thermodynamic and synoptic conditions of torrential rains of the low rain region of the southwest Iran. 2015. Geography and environmental sustainability, 13: 13-28. Co-authored with S. K. Hashemi, M. Abbasnia, and S. Porhashemi.
131- Analysis of forest fires of GilanGarb region in relation with hazard management. 2016. Journal of Hazards knowledge, 3(1): 5-20. Co - authored with Farshad Pajoh.
132- Spatial and temporal analysis of the Mediterranean trough. 2016. Journal of Geography and Environmental planning, 27(2):… - …. Co – authored with Hosain Nezamati.
133- Spectral Analysis of Time Series for Annual Precipitations in Iran.2016. Journal of Geography and planning, 57:217-236. Co- authored with Ali Bayat, Mehdi Dostakamian and Yadollah Balyani.
Articles presented in national and international seminars
1. Nature of geography, 1992. Proceedings of the SAMT seminar on the “ Nature and frontiers of geography , June 10, 1990, Tehran, Iran”, pp. 50-59.
2. Synoptic climatology, 1986. Proceedings of “ International seminar of geography, May 6-10, 1985, Mashhad, Iran held by Astan Ghods Razavi”, Vol.2, pp. 197-220.
3. The sources of the moisture of the precipitation of Iran, 1995. Proceedings of “7th geographical congress of Iran, March 10 – 13, 1990, Tehran ”, Vol. 2, pp. 261-276.
4. The role of climate in the development of Iran, Proceedings of the “ Seminar of the researches and abilities of geography in the construction of Iran, October 7-8, 1997, Tehran University”, pp. 273-281.
4. Spatial and temporal variations of February 500 hPa flow patterns in the Mediterranean and its influence in the climate of Iran, 1999. Proceedings of “ Second regional conference on climate change, Iranian Meteorological Organisation, Tehran, 4-5 November 1999 ”, pp. 112-121.
5. Water is the main problem of the Islamic world. The first international seminar of the problems and characteristics of the Islamic world, April 21 to 23 , 1992. Imam Hosain University, Tehran.
6. Respecting the laws of the nature. Politics, ideology, and environment seminar, 8 to 11 of June 1992. Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran.
7. temporal changes of the annual and seasonal temperature of Tehran. The first conference of Regional climate change. May 22-24, 1996. IRI Meteorological Organization. Tehran.
8. Temporal changes of precipitation in Iran. The 10th Geographical Congress of
Iran, October 4-5, 1999. Imam Hosain University, Tehran.
9. Statistics and the progress of Geography. The sixth statistical Conference of Iran, 26-28 August, 2002. Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran.
10. Climatic building design in Karaj . The first Karaj Seminar , October 12-13, 2002. Karaj, Iran.
11. The relation between pressure and the air pollution in Tehran. The first Congress of air pollution. October 7-8, 2003. Shahid Beheshti Medical University, Tehran.
12. The synoptic origin of forest fires of the Caspian coast forests. The international Conference on geohazards and natural disasters and methods of confronting with them. September 27-28, 2005. Tabriz University, Tabriz.
13. The weather types causing the air pollution in Tehran. The 3rd international and first national conference of regional climate change, October 21-23, 2003. Isfahan University, Isfahan.
15. The regionalization of vegetation cover of Iran. The first conference of Remote
Sensing Techniques in Iran. November 9-12, 1986. The budget planning of Iran
16. Case study of the effects of the weather conditions on the road accidents in the
mountainous area of Iran: Haraz Road. “co-authored with M. Habibi and J. BodaghJamali”, 2002. presented in PIARC XIth International Winter Road Congress, Saporo Japan, January 28-31.
17. The relation between pressure distribution and air pollution concentration in Tehran. Presented in 30th International Geography Union, 16-20 august 2004, Glasgow, England.
18. Synoptic origin of forest fires of the northern coastal areas of Iran. Co-authored with Rahimeh Davodian. The international conference in Geohazards , natural disasters and e methods confronting with them. Tabriz University, September 27-29, 2005.
19 - Comparison of two calibration methods for constructing climate atlases from Meteosat-5 images. Co-authored with Prof. Mueller R.W. and Moradi I. 2006. The 6th Annual Meeting of the European Meteorological Society and the 6th European Conference on Applied Climatology, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 4 – 8 September 2006.
20- Spatial analysis of extreme precipitation events as a hazard index in Iran. 2006. Second Korea-Iran Joint workshop on Climate Modeling. 21-22 November, Jeju Island, South Korea.
21-Time series analysis of daily rainfall variability and extreme events of Tehran area. 10th International Meeting on Statistical Climatology, August 20-24. Beijing, China.
22- Roll of spatial analysis on the management of precipitation in Iran. 2008. Proceedings of the 3rd international conference on integrated natural disaster management. 18-19 February. Tehran University.
23- Synoptic and spatial analysis of snow storm or February 2005 in Gilan Province.
Co- authored with Elham Fahiminajad, Zahra Hejazideh, and Parviz ziaian. Proceedings of the 3rd international conference on integrated natural disaster management. 18-19 February. Tehran University.
24- climate of Tehran. 2008. Proceedings of the first meeting on environmental challenges and strategies of Tehran Metropolitan city. July, 23,2008. Research planning centre of Tehran. pp. 19-36.
25- Rainfall hazards of Tehran. Urban hazards conference of Tehran area, May 15, 2008. Tarbiat Moallem University, Karaj, Iran.
26- The role of Zagros mountains on the spatial distribution of precipitation. 31st international Geographical Congress, 12-15 August, 2008, Tunis.
27 - Studying precipitation hazards in the urban area of Tehran. 31st international Geographical Congress, 12-15 August, 2008, Tunis.
28-Is the climate of Iran changing? International Scientific Conference on " Climate and water balance changes in the Caspian Region" Astrakhan, Russian Federation, 19-20 October 2010. With cooperation of Reza Doostan.
29- Climate change and the urban design in Tehran. 2nd International Conference on Environmental Management, October 25th – 28th, 2010. Centre for Environment, Institute of Science and Technology, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, India. With cooperation of Saideh Alijani.
30- Geography and sustainable development. The 3rd national conference on geography and scientific approach to sustainable development, 10-11 November 2010. Payam Noor University, Piranshahr Branch. The article is published.
31. The latent factors of hazards in Tehran metropolitan: Human behaviour or the environment. The first conference of spatial analysis of environmental hazards of Tehran Metropolitan, May 24, 2011, Tarbiat Moallem University, Tehran.
32- Relationship between Pollution and Cardiovascular Death Rates in Tehran. Co authored with Morad Mohamadi, and Simin Tavallaei.PROMOTING HEALTHY COMMUNITIES:Developing and Exploring Linkages between Public Health Indicators, Exposure, and Hazard Data. Grand Hyatt Washington, Washington, DC 20011. Monday, September 26 – Thursday, September 27.
33- Natural seasons and their variation in Iran. International Geographical Congress 2012 , Institute of Geography, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany, August 26 – 30, 2012.
1.Climate of the Border Between Iran and Turkey, Dept. of Geog. , Emam Hosain University, Tehran, 1992.
2.The Role of Alborz Mountains in Precipitation, Teachers’ Training University, Tehran, 1993.
3.Natural Seasons in Iran, Teachers’ Training University, Tehran, 1995.
4.Spatial Displacement of the Upper Air Flow Patterns in the Middle East during 1960-1990 and their Effect on the Climate of Iran, I.R. Iran Meteorological Organisation, 2001.
5.Weather types and their influence on the precipitation of Tehran, Teachers’ Training University, Tehran, 2002.
6.Weather types and their effect on the pollution of Tehran. Environmental protection Agency of Iran. 2003.
7.The effect of the climatic factors on the road traffic of Haraz Road. Ministry of Roads. 1999.
8.Analysis of Droughts in Esfahan Province. Ministry of Power. 2003.
9.Analysis of Droughts in Mazandaran Province. Ministry of Power. 2003.
10.Flood forecasting with the use of CN method in the Neka Basin. Ministry of Power. 2005
11.The Role of Zagros Mountains in Precipitation, Teachers’ Training University, Tehran, 2005.
Awards and Prizes
1. The president of the Islamic Republic of Iran for the honoured book of year 1995.
2. The minister of the Islamic culture and guiding for the Accredited book of year 1995.
3. The minister of the science, researches, and technology, for the Accredited paper presented in the seminar of Politics, ideology, and environment, 8 to 11 of June 1992. Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran.
4. The minister of the science, researches, and technology, for being elected as the Honoured Exemplary Professor of Iran in 2005.
5. Deputy minister of Education and Training for the Accredited paper published in Roshd; Teaching Geography, 48: 4-12.( 1998).
6. The president of the Teacher Training University for being selected as the honoured professor of the university in year 1992.
7. The president of the Teacher Training University for being selected as the honoured staff (dean of the faculty of humanities and letters ) of the university in year 1992.
8. The president of the Teacher Training University for working as the excutive secretary of the first seminar of problems of teaching geography in Iran was held April 5-6, 1993.
9. The president of the Teacher Training University for being selected as the honoured researcher of the university in year 2002.
10. Honoured researcher of 1391 at the Kharazmi University.
Membership of the scientific committees of the seminars and congresses.
1. The 7th geographical congress of Iran, March 10 – 13, 1990, Tehran
2. Seminar of the researches and abilities of geography in the construction of Iran, October 7-8, 1997, Tehran University.
3. Second regional conference on climate change, Iranian Meteorological Organisation, Tehran, 4-5 November 1999.
4. The first international congress of the problems and characteristics of the Islamic world, April 21 to 23 , 1992. Imam Hosain University, Tehran.
5. Politics, ideology, and environment seminar, 8 to 11 of June 1992. Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran.
6. The first conference of Regional climate change. May 22-24, 1996. IRI Meteorological Organization. Tehran.
7. The 9th Geographical Congress of Iran, October 11-13, 1994. Tabriz University, Tabriz.
8. The 10th Geographical Congress of Iran, October 4-5, 1999. Imam Hosain University, Tehran.
9. The first Karaj Seminar , October 12-13, 2002. Karaj, Iran.
10. The international Conference on geohazards and natural disasters and methods of confronting with them. September 27-28, 2005. Tabriz University, Tabriz.
11. The first seminar of problems of teaching geography in Iran, April 5-6, 1993.
12. The executive secretary of the first seminar of problems of teaching geography in Iran, April 5-6, 1993.
1. Synoptic climatology. Sept. 6 to 11, 2002.National Center of Climatology, Mashhad.
2. Weather maps . June 12-15, 2004. Teacher Training University, Tehran.
March 20 to September 20, 2000. Climatic Research Unit, University of East Anglia , Norwich, U.K.
March 23 to September 23, 2006. Department of Geography, Pennsylvania State University. State College, PN. USA.
Oral lectures and presentations
More than 40 lectures presented in different universities and schools.
ADVISING THESES AND DISSERTATIONS
I have so far advised 162 M.A. theses and 34 Ph.D. Dissertations.
Updated November 2016